05 December 2013

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....

 I really am! Last Christmas we were supposed to have snow, and not a flake in sight. It snowed the day after, but zip on the day of! Boo :(

 Confession time...i'm writing this post on Tuesday, however today (Thursday) it's supposed to be NINE degrees with ice and snow...so I will sit here with my hot chocolate and dream that the snow sticks around. In the meantime, lets check out some exterior Christmas lights, shall we?


No one told me how much putting outside lights, SUCKS. It is not easy, and I desperately wish we had one of those Turbo-light 500's from How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carey Remake). I had this vision of a Griswold house, and our lights just didn't turn out that way. Oh, well...better luck next year! (when we can buy more at 50% off!)



Even though the lights didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, I do love our little shutter wreaths. Thanks for the awesome hanging tip, Thrifty Decor Chick!! Just loop the ribbon around and thumb tack it up and it won't blow away in the wind!



I love our Deco Mesh garland the most! It was seriously SO easy to put together. For a quick 5 minute tutorial:


First, lay out your pre-lit garland on the floor and roll out your deco mesh to create the right size


(Excuse the post-black-Friday mess)

Next, use a twisty tie to wrap your first piece of mesh around the garland. Just pinch and tie!


You will only need 1 tie to start the garland, and from there just bubble it up, pinch, and wrap one of the branches of the garland around to secure.


I repeated this process twice with 2 different garland colors


One color....


Two colors!


Secure it to your door frame, and voila! I attached a few ornaments here and there, and I really love it. The garland is my #1 favorite Christmas project.

That wraps up our Christmas week! Can you believe it? You made it to the end. Don't worry though, I may have a recipe or craft or 2 in the coming weeks as to not slow down the Christmas spirit ;)

Until Next Time,

xo Kylie




Skip to my Lou/Keeping It Simple Crafts/DIY Showoff/Home Stories A to Z / Uncommon Designs /Sugar and Dots / The Winthrop Chronicles
The Girl Creative  / The Shabby Creek Cottage
Liz Marie Blog / Tater Tots & Jello / Shabby Nest / Whipper Berry /Funky Junk Interiors / Serenity Now /Classy Clutter / Someday Crafts
Reasons to Skip the Housework / Six Sisters Stuff / Be Different Act NormalLife with the Crust cut offThe Turquoise Home /  Ginger Snap Crafts /




Have Absolutely Arkansas delivered to your inbox for FREE! You'll never miss a post! Enter Email Here:


4 comments:

  1. Looks great lady!

    ~Cathy~
    ourminifamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to always read your blogs. I love them Are you also searching for nursing dissertation writing services? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering Nursing dissertation writing services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to always read your blogs. I love them Are you also searching for Nursing case study writing services? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering Nursing case study writing services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete